Monday, June 8, 2009

Visa Application

I had been so stressed out about the fact that I hadn't gotten an official letter of acceptance from the university and thus couldn't apply for the visa, that I was starting to think that maybe the whole thing was going to fall through. I started thinking about what I could do with a year off from teaching... I had some ideas, but mostly I was just getting ever more frantic and even started snapping at people for no reason or giving abrupt answers when asked about the trip. But on Wednesday night when I got home, in my email inbox, there it was. I printed it and put it with the other documents. I got 3 passport size photos made and got the money order for $131 and sent it to Chicago by certified mail on Friday afternoon. Now that that's done, I feel like maybe the trip will actually become a reality, and I'm starting to get excited instead of worried.

No comments: